Monday 8 October 2012

The Berg - Sunday 7th October


So today was one of my favourite days. Liam and Rachel took us to the Drakensberg Mountains for a walk. The “Berg” is absolutely beautiful. We drove through Winterton again to a hotel complex called Drakensberg Sun. A stunning place apart from the old country house smell I got when we walked through the reception area. We walked through the grounds to find a hikers route that took us through mountain woodland up to a beautiful waterfall which had a pool that we swam in. Rachel and I played with our camera’s to see what they can do as she has a canon as well.

The scenery was stunning. I will let the pictures say the rest, but I think I love the Berg because the greenery and forest reminds me of home. Also, it really wasn’t what was expecting to see out here. It is very easy to fall in love with this country. However, on the way to the Berg we pulled over to buy some wicker souvenirs from some very sweet African women and when we went to leave a group of young boys ran up to us and begged for money. They were raising money for their school. They even had a letter to prove it! Kids in the UK really don’t appreciate how lucky they are.

After our walk we stopped off at the “Waffle Hut” for lunch where my “Adam’s Apple” waffle beat me. Too much food on this trip going on I think. We also stopped off at some more souvenir shops on the way home.
The view of the mountains from the Drakensberg Sun hotel.

The hotel grounds.

Playing with my camera in the mountain woodland.

These two trees joined in the middle.








Chritina, Liam, Rachel, Leanne, Nicole.


Nicole.



Christina, Nicole, Leanne and Liam.



More of the hotel complex. Very nice too.


Tiny fell asleep watching the film Taken with us. Aww!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment