Sunday 18 November 2012

The Indian Blessing (Saturday 17Nov12)

Today was another wet and cloudy day so I did another session in the gym and struggled with the internet all morning. To cheer me up Sally also made me a fried breakfast with bacon, mushroom and scrambled egg. This afternoon Sally had an Indian christening to attend so I was her plus one. Wow is all I can say, it was like walking into a wedding venue. White fabric hung from the ceiling of the hall with fairy lights attached and the walls were all draped with white. The stage had a big silver back drop behind it and two throne looking chairs for the mother and father to sit on. It was a long ceremony followed by a buffet meal of Indian food which was lovely. But what I found so strange is that after everyone had eaten they just got up and left. Sally had to explain to me that traditionally this is what would happen. I was really pleased for the couple though, they had been trying for eleven years bless them.

Tonight we have been packing ready for our overnight stay in the berg and Rose and another of Sally's friends is coming too so it will be a proper girlie trip, although the walking boots are packed and ready to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment