Saturday 8 December 2012

Sunny Sunday (Sunday 02Dec12)

I’m a happy bunny tonight. I left Knysna quite early so that I could take a trip back along the coast to Plettenberg Bay. The sun was shining so I fancied going back to have a morning walk along the beach. It’s such a beautiful place, very cosmopolitan compared to a lot of the places I have been, but not over the top. I could easily spend a week on the beach there. I totally understand why all the matric students go there. The town centre is nicely paved with lovely restaurants and shops. It’s certainly got a nice atmosphere. I walked along the beach for a bit and paddled my feet. It looked like sea snails that had been littered along the beach thanks to the sea. They were fascinating to watch. It was a really nice way to start the day.
After my walk I decided to head back to Knysna and headed for the waterfront and marina. It was really nice there and had lots of lovely curios shops and restaurants. I even saw some rays thanks to a young lad that pointed them out to me. I debated the cruise to the “Knysna Head’s” but decided against it as time was getting on so I got back on the N2. I had an hour on the beach at Wilderness and saw a couple of dolphins playing in the surf while I had a drink at “Sarnia’s”.
 As the clouds started to roll over the mountains again I packed up and headed back to the car do the drive to Oudtshoorn. The drive through the mountains, although cloudy, was stunning and my eyes popped on the way up. On the other side of the mountains was the valley and I could see Oudtshoorn quite clearly. It’s bigger than what I was expecting. After looking through the guide book I decided to stay here at Boulders Lodge and Spa. I have to say it is a lovely place and Teresa the duty manager is an absolute gem. She was so warm, friendly and helpful when I arrived that I felt at home straight away. I had a dip in the pool after I had unloaded the car and sat on the lounger with a vodka and coke.
Teresa told me where to go to get a good Ostrich steak in town so after getting changed I headed out to Palja’s and was greeted by the waitress Taryn, another really friendly local girl. It was so warm that I sat outside underneath the sandstone veranda and chatted to Taryn in between courses. I have to say the food was fantastic and for dessert I had my first Dom Pedro which is a drink made with ice cream and a liqueur of your choice.
I am now back in my room filling up the Jacuzzi bath with water and bath salts. I’m going to have a pamper evening. Not quite the same as the one I’d have at home but then I don’t have jets in my bath. Looking forward to a bubble massage!

Plettenberg Bay









Knysna








Wilderness


Dolphins.

Oudtshoorn


Boulders Lodge & Spa Hotel.

My patio.

My bed.

My jacuzzi bath.

The pool.


Me with my ostrich fillet.

Inside the restaurant.

Me and Taryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment