Saturday 1 December 2012

Disappointing Day In Kruger - Well Not Really (Sunday 25Nov12)

Today has been really over-cast, windy and cold. Caroline and Michael went back to Johannesburg today so it was only the three of us on the morning game drive into Kruger. We saw lots of Impala with their babies, Elephant, African Snails, Leopard Tortoises, Zebra, Baboons, Warthog, Hippo and various birds, but Debbie only managed to track down one male Lion for us. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed as I was hoping to see a pride but then Debbie reminded me that I had seen two Leopards instead this morning. We ate breakfast in the park and I had the healthy option of muesli with fresh fruit and yogurt (which was strawberry flavoured which I thought was a bit odd). We also had lunch in the Skukuza with for me was a waffle with ice cream and syrup so I totally ruined the healthy start. The food was okay but not a touch on the camps food.
By this evenings sun downer safari two Americans (I think mother and son) and an Indian couple had arrived in the camp so we all went to Sabie Sands together. Tonight’s drive wasn’t very exciting with regards to animals but Aline, Fernando and I sat at the back of the land rover and every time we went over a bump we would put our hands in the air and make silly noises like we were on a roller coaster. Debbie and Jacqui thought we were funny at least.
As usual dinner was amazing even though we were drinking tea to warm ourselves up after a cold game drive. We had Bobotie which is spiced minced meat with an egg based topping on it followed by Malva pudding which is similar to syrup sponge pudding. I’m going to have to hit the gym when I get home!

Guinea fowl.

Impala.

Blue Wildebeest.

African Snail moving along the road.

Vulture.

Looks like this Hippo's tooth is broken.

Woolly Necked Stork.

Zebra.


Leopard Tortoise.

The Kudu battle statue in Skukuza Camp. This really happened the two Kudu got their antlers locked together and both of them died.

Baby Impala.

I want one!

Cute!

Nice! Baboons really are like humans.

Spike......I mean Warthog.

Steenbok female.

Elephant.


Our first Leopard sighting.


Tawny Eagle.

Buffalo.

our second Leopard of the day.


Giraffe.

Our only Lion of the day.



Black Crested Snake Eagle.


Hippo.

Kudu.

African Green Pigeon.

Waterbuck.


Zebra.

Aline and Fernando.

Rhino.

Jacqui (Jacky the Swiss African ranger).







No comments:

Post a Comment