Saturday 8 December 2012

A Friendly Face (Tuesday 04Dec12)

This morning I left an over-cast Mossel Bay and made my way to Cape Town stopping off at the “Whale Coast" along Kleinbaai, Gansbaai and Hermanus. I found an amazing road towards Kleinbaai that look me right along the shore. I think it’s meant more for 4x4’s but my little Ford Figo managed it just. I had a bite to eat in Hermanus which I have to say is a lovely little seaside town and then watched a couple of whales just off the point.
At about half four I headed towards Cape Town to meet Andreas, my old work colleague. Andreas and his wife, Anne-Marie, have now moved back to Cape Town after living in London for just over five years. It was so nice to see a familiar face and he very kindly offered me a bed to sleep in as I didn’t have anything sorted out. They have a lovely flat on Mouille Point with a view of the seafront. It was nice to be able to talk to someone who has also travelled too and understand the highs and the lows. Anne-Marie is in Johannesburg until Thursday but I am really looking forward to meeting her. Andreas took me to the V & A Waterfront for something to eat and then we went for a drive so that I could get my bearings. Cape Town is very pretty with Table Mountain as a back drop.





A whale! Yey!





No comments:

Post a Comment