Saturday 8 December 2012

Chapman’s Peak (Wednesday 05Dec12)

Today Andreas took me out to Chapman’s Peak and the coast. We went past Clifton Bay, Camps Bay, Hout Bay and through to Noordhoek where we stopped and we had brunch. It’s lovely and sunny here so getting out and about is a lot nicer. We got back just before lunch and I then had a phone call from Uncle Pete’s cousin, Sinclair. He picked me up and we went back to his house so that I could meet Anike, his wife. They were both really lovely and it worked out well because Andreas had a few errands to run.
At around two Sinclair dropped me off and I decided to take a drive back to Camps Bay for a walk around and a bit of a sleep on the beach only it was too windy and as soon as I laid down on the beach I had a woman come over asking for money for the orphaned children. After a few months of these stories I’ve found that I get less and less compassionate which is really bad, but I am fed up of being hassled for money.
Tonight I met Aline and Fernando (the lovely Brazilian couple I met on Safari) for dinner. It is their last night in Cape Town, they head home tomorrow. They had booked a table at Myoga, a lovely restaurant run by Award-winning chef Mike Bassett. We all had the seven course taster menu and it was divine. I am very much going to miss the food here. The cost was R375 (£27) which is nothing compared to what you would pay back home. I loved the lemon and coconut sorbet and the duck samosa. The risotto was superb. It was so good to see them both again and we compared notes on the Garden Route and Cape Town. I really hope I see them again. They are such lovely people.


Beautiful!



Seal Island.




No comments:

Post a Comment