Thursday 27 September 2012

Dreams Can Come True

So today was a dream come true!

This morning we got up and tracked one of the Rhino mum's and her calf on the reserve. We got within 7 meters of them for a good hour until she caught wind of us for the third time and decided enough was enough. I have to say though, they don't do much! Spike was in a playful mood and I think most of us got butted this morning. We bumped into some of the giraffe on the way back to the house. So the morning, was kind of ordinary, in an UmPhafa kind of a way.

However, this afternoon was amazing, fantastic, wonderful and all that goes with it. I held a meerkat, played with a wild cat and servals kittens, stroked a six month old leopard and had a cheetah cub on my lap. Not to mention getting meters away from lions, elephant, and a hippo. I'm sorry to say that I did not get a picture of the hippo as we saw him crossing the road as we were leaving the game reserve Nambiti and it was too dark. We also watched the meerkat play with the resident puppy which was fun. All in all, one of the best days of my life. A dream fulfilled, I was able to play with not one but six cheetah cubs!!!

Oh, and greeting us when we got back to the house was the resident bull rhino just to top it all off!!!!!

Rhino tracking!

UmPhafa giraffe.

At Springbok lodge, Nambiti Game Reserve.

Zulu the Meerkat.

A Wild Cat Kitten.

I fell in love with these.

Nic with a Serval.

Me with a Serval.

Look at it's ears, just like eyes.

Wild Cat and Serval playing.

So pretty.

But these stole my heart.

The leopard.

A life long dream come true.

Me playing chase with the cheetah cubs.

Cheetah lady with one on my lap. And boy was she purring!

I couldn't stop grinning.

A Caracal.

Check out the fighing match.

Zulu is going for it. However, the pub won in the end and Zulu went and hid under the chair.

My first lion sighting.

Sleeping!

Check out those teeth.

Beautiful!

"Which way boys?"

"I say this way."

"What you looking at?"

My first elephant sighting.

This is the female leader, now she was quite big, but not interested in us.



To finish, a beautiful sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment